BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My New Hobby

I thought that I would write about my hobby since it has become my new favorite past-time! I have always loved to shop and bargain hunt but being at home with one income makes it hard to shop! That is unless you coupon shop. I have been doing this for about 6 months now and I can't believe how much money I am saving! I can't believe how much you can get for free or nearly free with sales and coupons. I just had to share. I wanted to scan a receipt and put it on here but my scanner isn't working, so I'll just tell you all about my best shopping trip so far......
London Drugs lets you "stack coupons", you can use multiple coupons as long as they are all different bar codes, so I got......
1 Sunlight Laundry detergent
2 - 15 packs of Cascade action pacs
2 Venus razors (reg. $14.99 each)
2 HE Liquid Tide Total care
Olay night cream
Large bottle of Olay Quench lotion
Olay Definity lotion (on sale for $19.99 -- reg. 36.00)
Olay Bar soap 4 pack
Olay Body Wash
Olay Daily Facials


All of that for the grand total of ......... $11.93 (and $5.04 of that was tax). That is less than the price of ONE RAZOR!!!
My coupon saving alone were $105.00 not to mention that most of it was already on sale.
I know I am a big nerd, but it such a rush to get all these products that I use or have for a treat for myself (like the facial stuff) for next to nothing!

Happy Shopping everyone!

5 comments:

Cait said...

I LOVE your new hobby, and aspire to be as good at it as you are! Thanks for taking me again. I am still on a hi from it!

jane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jane said...

Where do you find all the coupons? I totally want to be a coupon shopper!

arivas said...

That's amazing, how did you find out about all the coupon rules? Those savings are inspiring, I'm going to start paying more attention to coupons I see.

Jennifer said...

You RULE Laura! You're not a nerd, you are my hero!!! I love it. I have tried, but can't seem to grasp the knack. You have a true gift!