BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 25, 2009

Split Rock

Bruce and I took the kids yesterday to Split Rock. I have memories of going when I was kid to look for snakes with Bruce. It used to be waayyyy out, but now there is lots of development around it but it is still a pretty good sized nature area. It is really pretty there.
Elyse and Paige at the rock.


The gang. Bruce was smart to bring nets, Connor and Elyse were loving catching grasshoppers. Elyse wanted me to touch them, she kept saying "come on mom, they just feel like a crayon". Where did she come from :), I do not share her love of bugs! Yet, she is still scared of alot of flying insects like bees and wasps (which have been HORRIBLE this year, I don't ever remember them being so bad!)
Connor and Elyse loved exploring and running around. The only let down was that we didn't find any snakes this time. Connor spotted one but we were too slow to grab it. I love how well the kids all get along these days, Paige and Coleman are just one of the gang. We walked around here all morning and then it was back to Uncle Bruce's for KFC and most likely the last pool party of the year.

1 comments:

US WEEKLY said...

what a cool spot, where is that? it's funny what you remember as a kid and now you are taking your kids there!!