BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 4, 2009

Victoria

We have had such a busy summer. This is our last big trip of the summer. We are off to Victoria for Crystal and Colin's wedding. This is at the Calgary Airport.
It is such a nice short flight, the girls were great and we got there at 8:30am so we had the whole day. We drove into Sydney with Grandma Anita, it is a really cute little town outside Victoria.


They had a really cool aquarium there called the Shaw Discovery center, it just recently opened and they had the coolest octopus there. We got to see it eat and move around.
Then we took the girls to Beacon Hill park in Victoria. The flowers in Victoria are so beautiful! The girls loved the petting zoo here with all the baby goats to brush.
Elyse at Beacon Hill park
Elyse looking like she is in Europe rather than in front of the mall in downtown Victoria. She is getting so big and she has these really long limbs just like her mommy.
Elyse and Paige in front of the Parliament buildings.
Chris and I in front of the Parliament buildings. They are so pretty and we took a tour inside, really a beautiful building.
At Fisherman's wharf, you can buy a plate of fish for $5.00 and feed the harbour seals. They are really cute, the come and take it right out of your hand. Elyse loved it. She LOVES all animals and in planning on being a vet, well, that or a ballerina.
In front of Undersea Gardens.We went to the Bug Zoo. It was really neat. A guide tell you about all the bugs and then you can hold them if you want. I was grossed out by most of the them but Elyse wanted to hold ALL of them, even the tarantula and scorpion but you had to be 18 to those. This is some sort of beadle I think.
This lovely critter is a nice, big cockroach.
This is big for me. I held the tarantula, I really hate spiders but Elyse was being so brave I figured I could to do it. YUCK!! I still HATE spiders!
And the last one, a huge millipede. She was keen about all the bugs there and I have to say it really helped her. She used to freak-out if a bug came near her and now she had a new respect for them.
Flower girl rehearsal.
Elyse at Gyro beach. We took the girls to the beach in the morning before the wedding to let them run around. I think I could live in Victoria, the girls LOVE the beach and the ocean and it is really beautiful there. We will definitely being going back again. We all loved it!
Paige at Gyro beach
Chris and I at Willows beach.

1 comments:

arivas said...

Wow, Elyse is so brave and so are you! There is no way I would of touched or held any of those creepy crawlers!! Kudos